Final Fantasy FXN Network News
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Isn't Going To Be On The Xbox Because Of Microsoft's Restrictive Policies (INTERVIEW)
July 08, 2013
RPGSite conducted an interview with director and producer Noaki Yoshida on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshida discussed a variety of topics including the inclusion of Lightning Farron in the game, the reason why the game won't be on the Xbox, and the PVP system. I've summarized the interview below.
Yoshida expounded on the inclusion of Lightning Farron of Final Fantasy XIII in this game. He said, "There's going to be plenty of cutscenes and explanation of the reasons in the storylines of why Lightning can appear in FF14." He wanted to make sure that Lightning's presence in the world of Eorza will be "natural". Of note, he stressed that the inclusion of Lightning isn't because the development team wants more attention to the game or money. Rather, he asserted that Square Enix as a company wants the development teams of different numbered titles to have a strong closed relationship with one another.
Since Yoshida follows a subscription model, announcing the game on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 isn't much of a concern. All of the data that are saved on the PlayStation 3 version can be transferred to the PlayStation 4 one when it gets released. The goal was to be straightforward with the fans to eliminate confusion. If the fans want to play the game on a console, they can with the PlayStation 3 first.
Why is it that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is coming on Sony consoles and not Microsoft? Well, Square Enix is skipping the Xbox console because of Microsoft's Xbox Live policies forbidding cross-platform play and servers. Yoshida doesn't want to divide the community. However, if Microsoft ever decides to change its policies, Yoshida thinks it's a good idea, on a business standpoint, to expand the game on that platform as well.
Regarding PVP in the game, there are two types. The first one exist in a Coliseum in which 4 vs. 4 or 8 vs. 8 battles can occur. The second one is called Frontline, which is larger in scale and there will be a different character system. You can earn points here if you win and exchange them for skills, abilities, and equipment dedicated to the PVP system.
To view the entire interview, please click "Read More".
July 08, 2013
Square Enix has launched an open testing beta phase for the game. It will last from July 8 (today) to August 1. You can sign up at the official site.
For those who do not know a lick of Japanese, it's going to be difficult to play the game. But, no worries, there's help. Mirby of KHinsider has generously taken the time to write up a basic guide in English. She translated and brokedown the Japanese main screen, main menu, Deck Edit Menu, Card Synthesis, and card draw screens.
In addition, Famitsu uploaded plenty of screenshots of the gameplay as well as images of cards of our favorite Final Fantasy, Disney, and original characters. Enjoy!
Source: Official Site
July 08, 2013
The teams from Kingdom Hearts Island and Kingdom Hearts Destiny websites scored an exclusive interview with Tetsuya Nomura at Japan Expo in Paris, France, to discuss Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts III. The bullet points below summarize the interview:
- It took several years to remaster the games (i.e., Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days).
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX serves as an opportunity for Western gamers who have never played Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. The former game was released exclusively in Japan while the latter game was released in the U.S., not Europe.
- The goal with Kingdom hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX is to help players get a better understanding of the history and connections between the games.
- Nomura wanted to make Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days playable, but, he's unable to because of the recently announced Kingdom Hearts III, which takes priority. Therefore, he decided to tell the plot of game in video format instead.
- Nomura also wants to remaster Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded before the release of Kingdom Hearts III.
- In regards to Kingdom Hearts being prematurely announced at E3, Nomura clarified that it's not like the development team just started working on the game; rather, it's because the development team had previous experience mostly working on portable titles. It takes time to master development for the game on the next-generation platform. Plus, Nomura stated that there's no impressive and playable version of the game, yet. The game is in its testing phase. The team has plenty of ideas to implement, but it takes time and can be difficult to determine which ones will be used in the end.
- The main story of Kingdom Hearts III is Sora's journey to find the "light key". Sora doesn't know where it's located and what it opens.
- The E3 trailer is an example of a successful testing version.
- Nomura's reason to not make Sora a Keyblade Master is because he wants Sora to be closer to the players. Sora is not ready to be a Keyblade Master, yet.
- Nomura can't disclose any information about Kairi at the moment.
- The gameplay of Kingdom Hearts III will be an improved version of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance.
- In regards to Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III, Nomura says that Disney offered some ideas to integrate into the game. Nomura and his team also have ideas. Nomura thought about worlds in previous games to maintain consistency. The main goal is to incorporate worlds and make them fun and work with the story.
- Nomura says it's possible to consider future Disney films (like Frozen, for example) and integrate them into Kingdom Hearts III.
- Nomura would like to consider incorporating voice recognition into the game in such a way that the player can command Donald and Goofy.
- Nomura knew long ago that the Xehanort Saga would end in Kingdom Hearts III and that it will be on a console.
- It was at the request of the musical team and Yoko Shimumora to re-orchestrate the music in Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX.
Tetsuya Nomura Likes The Idea of Incorporating Marvel and Lucas Arts into the Kingdom Hearts series (Finaland & FFDream Interview)
July 06, 2013
The teams of Finaland and FFDream sat down with Tetsuya Nomura for an exclusive interview on three highly anticipated games: Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX, Kingdom Hearts III, and Final Fantasy XV. He answered plenty of questions without giving up too much information. This is obviously because two of games are still too early in development and not all decisions have been made. The highlights of the interview include:
On Kingdom Hearts
- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX will NOT have French voice-over, rather French subtitles.
- There are two separate teams working on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts III.
- Nomura likes the idea of incorporating Marvel and Lucas Arts into the Kingdom Hearts series. He noted that there are restrictions by Disney, so it may not be easy to add the licenses.
- Multiplayer co-op mode is considered. Sora will still be the main playable character, though.
- Nomura gets inspiration from watching 2-3 films daily.
On Final Fantasy XV
- Final Fantasy XV has a professional fashion brand, Roen, to create real-life outfits for the CG development team to examine the details and re-create in game.
- Nomura relies heavily on and appreciates the support from his co-directors in managing and making his games.
- Nomura's favorite characters that he created are Sora and Noctis. He expects Noctis to be more clever than Cloud.
- Nomura wants to play a Metal Gear Solid remake.
- Luminous Engine and Fox Engine are two different engines as each can do things the other can't.
- Noctis could drive a car and magiteck in the game. There isn't any plans to have many different types of vehicles.
- Despite Stella's new design looking much younger, the main reason behind her re-design was to make her prettier.
- Noctis' red eyes are indicative of his teleportation ability.
- Nomura says he'll think about adding French-inspired places in game.
- Although it's not a completely certain answer, but Nomura says it's difficult to have a female playable character at this point.
- Before, Nomura stated that it's GAME OVER if Noctis dies, but after the re-branding of the game, there's a chance that may change.
- Nomura won't share any information on equipment and weapon customization.
- There's no concrete plans for a Final Fantasy XV sequel, yet.
To view the entire interview, please click "Read More"
July 06, 2013
Square-Enix has recently started putting up mini-novels on the Drakengard 3's official site that tell stories about its characters. The first part talked about Zero and her tragic past, and if you have missed it you can read it here. Now they have put up a second story, titled Five - My Favorite Things, that talks about a newly revealed character Five and gives a glimpse into what kind of person she is. The story is only available in Japanese, but Siliconera has provided a translation of it which can be found by clicking "Read More".
The Making of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX Was Inspired During the Development of Kingdom Hearts III (Japan Expo Coverage)
July 06, 2013
Tetsuya Nomura and Shinji Hashimoto attended Japan Expo 2013 at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center earlier today in Paris, France, with trailers and insights to announce to fans. Now that the conference is over, we have the details of the famed event from KHDestiny Twitter. Not much is new. Trailers for both Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories were shown. Trailers from E3 for Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV were also shown. Perhaps, the most insightful piece of information was that Nomura stated that the inspiration behind making Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX started during the development of Kingdom Hearts III.
Here is the complete coverage of the event.
1:32 PM CEST - Nomura will be signing at Japan Expo at 4:30 PM CEST. This is limited to only 100 spots!
3:00 PM CEST - The Kingdom Hearts Conference begins. (via KHDestiny)
3:04 PM CEST - A trailer for Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- is shown. (Via KHDestiny)
3:07 PM CEST - Shinji Hashimoto comes onto the stage! (Via KHDestiny)
3:14 PM CEST - Olympus Coliseum is shown during an onstage demo! (Via KHDestiny)
3:20 PM CEST - Final Fantasy VII character, Cloud, is shown on screen! (Via KHDestiny)
3:25 PM CEST - The demo moves over to Re:Chain of Memories. Riku is shown to be in Halloween Town. (Via KHDestiny)
3:28 PM CEST - Nomura comes onto the stage! (Via KHDestiny) He is given a standing ovation! (via Japan Expo)
3:35 PM CEST - The conversation shifts to Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, as Nomura mentions he has trailers for both of them. (Via KHDestiny)
3:44 PM CEST - It was revealed that inspiration for making Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- started during the development of Kingdom Hearts III! (Via KHDestiny)
3:52 PM CEST - The conference has finished! (Via KHDestiny)
June 30, 2013
Hidemi Matsuzuka, General Manager of Square Enix figure brand, posted pictures of Kingdom Hearts theme iPhone 5 cases on his Facebook today. The cases have checkerboard patterns of silhouettes of mickey mouse head, crown, keyblade, and a heart. Whether or not these are salable are unknown at this point.
What do you think of them?
You can now pre-order the iPhone 5 case on Square-Enix e-Store.
It will release on the 27th of September and will cost 2,800 yen (approximately $35US).
Source: Hidemi Matsuzuka
July 04, 2013
Disney Japan YouTube Channel has uploaded a gameplay trailer for online PC browser social game, Kingdom Hearts χ. You can not only see familiar worlds (Wonderland and Agrabah) but also hear familiar music and a new version of Dearly Beloved. The video showcases customized characters fighting heartless and the Darkside boss.
What do you think of the animation? Cute?
Very little information have surface regarding this game so far. If we catch any more news on this mysterious game, we'll let you know.
Enjoy the video!
UPDATE: Disney Japan YouTube took the video down, but, fortunately, KHinsider downloaded a copy and reuploaded it onto their own channel!
Source: Disney Japan YouTube Channel
July 04, 2013
Square-Enix was at Japan Expo today in Paris, France, and Final Fantasy Network has recorded and uploaded the juicy highlights on Twitch TV. Click HERE to view it.
17:00 — Final Fantasy X New Scenario with Voice Cast Recording Sample
24:55 — Lightning Returns Gameplay Segment
48:00 — Lightning Returns/Final Fantasy XIV Cross Promotion Details
You can now cross-save in Final Fantasy X/X-2 on either the PlayStation Vita or PlayStation 3. The 30-minute epilogue is recorded by the voice cast and will be in audio only.
New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIIII gameplay trailer and demo were available at the event. It's revealed that Oerba Yung Fang will return. Lightning encounters the bandit gang Monoculus and one of its notable leader, Adonis.
Lightning and Snow costume will be available for females and males, respectively, in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Producer Noaki Yoshida also show a new French-voice trailer and a Tour of Eorzea, revealing Coerthas and Mor Dhona regions.
Source: Final Fantasy Network
July 04, 2013