Final Fantasy FXN Network News
July 16, 2013
In this week's Famitsu, Square-Enix has revealed a new character for Drakengard 3. This time it is another sister to the main character, Zero, whose name is Four. She is described to be a veracious person with an inferiority complex. She has a great sexual desire, but unlike the rest of the sisters she is still a virgin. Besides Four, the magazine also mentions that during the battle, players will be able to switch weapons seamlessly as well as there might be some sort of a gimmick that involves music. No scans of the character's design have popped up yet, but we will update this post as soon as it shows up.
Update: Famitsu has put up an artwork of Four and a few new screenshots.
Update 2: Scans have finally shown up.
July 16, 2013
Dengeki Online conducted an interview with game design director, Abe Yuji, of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and discussed about gameplay, weapons, world map, and more.
- Glory Points (GP) are obtained via battles. It's used to pause time and teleport.
- Radiant Power (RP) are obtained via quests. At 6 AM everyday, Lightning is forced to give her daily gathering of RP to the Holy Tree Yggdrasil to prolong the world's lifespan (the maximum is 13 days).
- It's possible to clear the game without exploring and fighting monsters.
- The game settings can be adjusted to easy or difficult. On easy, Lightning can breeze through the game with the benefits of weak enemies, less GP consumption, and idle healing. Conversely, the difficulty setting will challenge the player to be more wise and strategic.
- If you continue to eliminate a particular species of enemies, they can go extinct.
- Lighning can break down an enemy (like its tail) or stagger it in order to weaken it. One fourth of the enemies in the game are breable. But, this task isn't easy. Lightning can consume GP to make a shadow image of herself to take a hit from the enemy so she can break it easier.
- Item drop changes if Lightning break an enemy, like its tail.
- The most powerful weapon in the game is avaiable at the beginning. But, that doesn't mean Lightning can get it so easily because it's so expensive.
- You can use the best weapon to beat the final boss. But, it's impossible to get it without playing thorugh the game once.
- The world map of Nova Chrysalia is vast. There are four continents with varying levels of depths, so Lightning has to be careful where she walks or she can fall. There are dungeons scattered everywhere.
- Lightning can explore 90% of it.
- Lightning can travel and explore all four continents seamlessly. However, if she rides a vehicle, then there's loading time.
Thanks to Nova Crystallis for the translation.
Source: Nova Crystallis
Nomura Couldn't Start on Kingdom Hearts III For A Long Time, So Multiple Spin-offs Were Created (RPGSite INTERVIEW)
July 16, 2013
RPGSite conducted an exclusive interview with the famed director and producer, Tetsuya Nomura, on two highly-anticipated games, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV.
As a creator,Nomura often feels like changing things when he look back to his old games. However, with a game like Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, he didn't feel that way - he felt that it was perfect as is.
Nomura went on and talked about his obsession with watching movies and taking inspirations from them as much as possible. He's watched so many movies, he often don't remember which one he got inspirations from. Of note, he stated before in an IGN new article that he was deeply moved by the live adaptation of Victor Hugo French novel, Les Miserables. Even though the musical genre isn't his favorite (it's actually the Horror genre), Les Mis stood out to him because of "the balance of artwork, actors and actresses, also story - if everything matches". Nomura stated that balancing out a film and a video game are two different things. With video game making, there's more staff involve to direct. It's very difficult.
In addresing the comparison between the specuated similiar battle gameplay between Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV, Nomura jokely replied that, well, they're both created by him. The differences are that: 1) Final Fantasy has more history than Kingdom Hearts and 2) both games are worked by two different developement teams with two different directions.
Regarding Kindom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, Nomura stated that remastering the games was a difficult task despite what others think that it's easy. There's so much work invovled.
Nomura said that the reason that the Kingdom Hearts series has so many spin-offs in the past is because Nomura and his team couldn't prepare for Kingdom Hearts III for a long time. To fill the time gap/delay, he decided to make the spin-offs to appease the fans as much as possible so they won't forget the game and the entire series.
Lastly, Nomura said that he never felt like escaping the legacy of all the character creations that got him famous. He never felt that burden or any fame too much. He laughed and said that he's the "salary man" and "company's slave" for Square-Enix. He considered all of his character creations as his kids.
July 15, 2013
Before, if you pre-order Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, you'd get a free upgrade to the limited edition art book. Now, you will obtain four dynamic PlayStation 3 themes to boot. The themes feature worlds and characters of Wonderland, Agrabah, 100 Acre Wood and Olympus Coliseum. Take a look at a sneak-peak picture of them below. The artwork and animation are sharp and gorgeous!
Are these bonuses enough for you to pre-order? Tell us in the forum!
July 15, 2013
Square-Enix Boutique, a French online store, has added a new item for pre-order, Before Meteor - Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack. It will include the following:
- FIVE hours of music, which is equal to 104 tracks.
- The opening cinematic of the game, "A New Beginning" is remastered in 5.1 surround sound.
- With the initial draft only, you can get a code to unlock an exclusive mascot mechanical Dalamud. Note that you can use this code as the output of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. This bonus code will be used by 31 December 2014.
- This is NOT an audio CD; rather, it's Blu-ray and requires Blu-ray player. However, onwers of a Blu-ray compatible drive on their computer can get mp3 versions of all the tracks.
The original soundtrack is priced at €45.99 (~ 59.91 USD) and scheduled to be released on August 18, 2013.
Will you be pre-order or purchasing this item? Tell us in the forum!
Source: Square Enix Boutique
July 12, 2013
The teams from Final Fantasy World and Final Fantasy Ring conducted an exclusive French interview with director and producer, Naoki Yoshida, on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn at Japan Expo and we now have the proper English transcript! Yoshida was grilled with worrisome questions regarding the core ideas of the game, the duty finder, the inclusion of Lightning, and PvP.
There's a concern that the duty finder aspect of the game will make players lazy and reluctant to explore the world of Eorzea. But, Yoshida argues that the goal is to give players more options - more liberty. He doesn't want to force anybody to do anything. If someone only has 1 hour to play per day, the duty finder is helpful. You don't have to travel the world if you don't want to.
Regarding the inclusion of Lightning into the game, Yoshida stressed, once again, that there will be a reason in the storyline that explains why she's there "naturally". She doesn't just barge in the game.
On the topic of PvP, Yoshida says that it's hugely influenced by the game, Dark Age of Camelot. He wants player to enjoy PvP as a sport, not merely to murder other players.
Lastly, Yoshida says the development teams have heard the negative feedback from fans on the PlayStation 3 port and they have tried their best to push the limits of the hardware. He stated, "Just because we try hard, it doesn’t mean the speed will be improved, but we are going to do our best to make all the playable zones appear as quickly as possible. We are also going to use the feedback from the user interface. From the graphics point of view, I think we have pretty much reached the perfection for the PS3 version. We have tried so hard until the very last minute, we feel comfortable that we have managed to have worked with the limitations of the PS3 hardware as an MMO with this quality of graphics."
To view the translated interview in its entirety, click "Read More".
Source: Final Fantasy Network
July 12, 2013
In the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE, we get more information on a comprehensive list of topics regarding the development and contents of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. You get information on phase 3 of the beta testing, duty finder, chocobo companion, and gameplay abilities and mechanics.
To view the entire Q&A, click the source link.
July 12, 2013
@SQEX_EVENTS has confirmed that Square Enix games will be showcased this year San Diego Comic Con (July 18-21, 2013). There will be playable demos for the follow games:
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Saint Row IV
Stay tuned with FXN as we will provide you coverage on the event. Please be excited!
Source: Square Enix Events Twitter
July 12, 2013
The official site for the game is updated with new contents including two music clips and several beautiful concept arts of objects and ruins found in the Dead Dunes.
This is a new battle song composed by the talented composer, Suzuki Mitsudo. The first video is the music clip and the second is the behind-the-scene clip. There are new scenes in the music clip so make sure you check it out. Also, according to his blog, Suzuki will be release a new special track for the game tomorrow on iTunes (July 13, 2013).
There two other new updates on the site:
Yggdrasil - this is the name for the "Tree of Life" found in the Ark. It offers bright powers and it continues to grow as long as there's life in the world (up to 13 days).
Eradia - it's obtained by completing quests, rescuing souls of the people. This is an important force in the world. When given to Yggdrasil, it can extend the life of the world.
GP - an important force in the battle field. Lightning need GP to use magic, recovery, and overclocking.
Source: Official Site
July 11, 2013
GameTrailers just uploaded a new original video deeply analyzing every aspect and trailers of Final Fantasy XV (which is formerly Final Fantasy Versus XIII) in an attempt to connect the dots and deciphering facts from fictions. For those who may have been confused over the years about what this game is about or what to expect, this concise video should bring you clarity . Now, understandably, it won't answer all questions because this game is still in development. This video does a good job summing up and making sense of everything we should know so far about the highly-anticipated game.
Squirrel Emperor of the forum also has compile all of the updated information we know so far about the game, you can check it out HERE.
To view the video, click the source link.